Karla Maria Leon, joined GALA in 2014. She worked as a lawyer in other local law firms and as legal counsel in consumer banking and real estate fields.
Ms. Leon, has experience as a litigation practitioner and specializes in employment, banking, civil, commercial and commercial law.
Throughout her career, she has acted on behalf of companies of telecommunication, electricity energy, airlines, banks and manufactures in due diligences, civil actions, arbitrations and negotiations.
She worked as an assistant attorney in arbitration in the United States and has taken part in conferences, and seminars.
In addition, she is member of the Panama Bar Association.
- Master Degree in Procedural Law, Universidad de Panamá (2013)
- Master in Business Administration, first roll honor, Universidad Latinoamericana de Comercio Exterior (2006).
- Postgraduate in Business Administration, Universidad Latinoamericana de Comercio Exterior (2005)
- B.A Law and Political Sciences, Sigma Lambda, Honor Chapter Universidad de Panamá (2001)
- English Legal Course Cambridge Academy, The United Kingdom, 2008 sponsored by the IFARHU
Tel: +507 303-0303
Fax: +507 303-0434
February 10, 2015
Several laws have been enacted in Panama to regulate contracts and relationships between employers and employees. These involve specific principles to use in a labour dispute involving a disadvantageous position…