International Trade & Customs
We offer legal services as well as comprehensive development of strategies for risk management and enhancement of opportunities related to market access for goods and services, whether locally or internationally, as well as assistance on issues related to investment policies and mechanisms potentially available to our distinguished local or foreign clients.
With a track record of impeccable professional integrity, the lawyers in our International Trade, Customs Affairs, and Investment area provide our clients with the confidence of having the best legal advice on the market, including, but not limited to, issues such as:
- Advice to local and foreign investors on existing opportunities in accordance with current legislation.
- Advice on special investment regimes: free zones, headquarters of multinational companies, multinational companies related to manufacturing, among others.
- Advice on market access possibilities, under free trade agreements, for goods and services, including review of rules of origin.
- Advice on refund regimes of import taxes paid in excess in response to preferential trade agreements.
- Advice on origin verification processes.
- Advice on commercial remedies processes (antidumping measures and safeguards).
- Advice on administrative processes carried out by the Customs Authority and representation in tax procedures in customs matters.
- Applying for and obtaining customs criteria confirmation regarding tariff classification and applicable import taxes for certain goods under preferential trade regimes.