Labor & Immigration
We have a team of lawyers specialized in the application and scope of labor legislation as well and in all aspects of immigration law.
We provide legal advice on matters related to:
- General advice with respect to Panamanian labor legislation and general rules of labor law, rights and obligations of workers and employers, wages labor and Social Security.
- Drafting of various types of labor contracts (permanent, temporary or piece work) as they are applied to different industries and trade regimes (multinational companies, free trade zones, etc.).
- Advice with respect to the termination of labor relations.
- Administrative and judicial proceedings before labor authorities, including representation in labor proceedings for unjustified dismissal, employment benefit claims, challenge to jurisdictions, etc.
- Prior authorization for worker dismissals in special cases.
- Drafting and formalizing internal work policies.
- Permits and work visas with or without residence.
- Immigration regulations applied to various trade regimes.
- Advice with respect to contracting with foreign workers.
- Administrative procedures before immigration authorities.