Alfonso Arias began his private practice with Galindo, Arias & López in 1974. He specializes in Commercial Law with an emphasis in Corporate, Maritime Law, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
In addition, he holds the following positions:
- Director, Cervecería Nacional.
- Director, Refrescos Nacionales.
- Chairman of the Board, MMC Panama, S.A.
- Director and Executive Vice-President, Heurtematte & Arias, S.A.
- Director, Aeroperas, S.A.
- Juris Doctor – Tulane University, U.S., 1973.
- Bachelor of Arts in Economics, Tulane University, U.S., 1970.
- Panamanian Maritime Law Association.
- Circle of Friends of the Juvenile Guardianship Court.
- Panamanian Bar Association.
- Make a Wish Foundation of Panama.
- Pro-Life Foundation.