Boris Chanis has been with Galindo, Arias & López since 1977, where he practiced privately focusing in the areas of Labor Law and Civil Litigation, with an emphasis on Commercial and Labor Litigation.
Boris represents both national and multinational companies advising them in matters related to hiring and discipline, wage practices, compensation, benefits and terminations. Boris has wide experience in procedures with the Social Security Administration and is an able litigant in the management of administrative, regulatory labor and commercial matters before Panamanian judicial bodies (courts, appeals courts and the Supreme Court of Justice as well as the Labor Authorities (labor conciliation board and labor courts). Additionally, he is one of the few experts in Panama in collective bargaining agreements and strikes.
- Bachelor of Laws and Political Science – University of Panama, Panama, 1977.
- Communal Development and Syndicalism – Madison University, U.S., 1967.
- Communal Development – Georgetown University, U.S., 1967.
- Communal Development and Cooperative Movement – University of Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico, 1965.
- Programs in Low Cost Housing – National University of Colombia, Colombia, 1965.
- “Conferences: The Impact of Collective Bargaining and the Socioeconomic Development of Panama”
- “Collective Bargaining Agreements”
- “Cooperativism as an Aid to Unionism”
- “Collective Bargaining Negotiations”
- Panamanian Bar Association.