GALA is proud to represent América Móvil on the sale of Claro Panamá to Cable & Wireless Panama, an affiliate of Liberty Latin America. Attorneys involved in this transaction: Diego…
“He is an excellent lawyer with real abilities to understand his clients’ objectives and to suggest the most practical ways to attain them”
Chambers & Partners Latin America 2019
Diego Herrera has been with Galindo, Arias & López since 1986 and has been recognized for his advice to both national and international businesses in the financial and industrial sectors, as well as telecommunications.
He led practice groups in mergers and acquisitions of both banks and multinational companies and participated in the consulting and restructuring of important banking syndicates and stock offerings. He has also played an important role in various processes of financial restructuring.
He led the practice group that advises the Panama Canal Authority in all legal aspects of the Canal expansion project and was a collaborator in the drafting of legislation enacted to promote Commercial Call Centers.
He has supported Pro Bono, a number of NGOs such as the Central American Leadership Initiative Foundation (CALI), Teach for Panama Foundation, the National Association for Nature Conservation (ANCON), the Bio Museum and the Glasswing (Crisálida) International Foundation).
Diego Herrera has also the following positions:
- Fellow, Aspen Global Leadership Network of The Aspen Institute.
- Secretary of the Board of Directors, National Association for Nature Conservation (ANCON).
- Member of the Board of Directors, INCAE Business School.
- Chairman of the National Committee INCAE Business School of Panama.
- Member, Bio Museum Development Committee.
- Co-Founder, Global Shapers Community in Panama an initiative of the World Economic Forum.
- Co-Founder and Member of the Board of Directors, Venture Club, the first network of angel investors in Panama.
- Master of Business Administration, MBA – Central American Business Administration Institute (INCAE), Costa Rica, 1995.
- Master of Laws (LLM) – Tulane University, U.S., 1993.
- Bachelor of Laws and Political Science – Catholic University Santa María la Antigua (USMA), Panama, 1991.
Drake Group: Advice to the Drake Group on the acquisition of representation of the Papa John’s franchise in Panama, including the purchase and sale of assets and the assumption of…
Ocean Reef Islands Inc. Advice to Ocean Reef Islands Inc. in the development of the first Residential Complex created on an Artificial Island in Panama. Our advice included: project financing…
Millicom LIH, S.A: GALA advised Millicom LIH, S.A., leading provider of cable TV and mobile telephone services in emerging markets such as Latin America and Africa, in the acquisition of…
BCT Bank International and Balboa Bank and Trust: Advice to BCT Bank International in the procedures for the acquisition of Balboa Bank and Trust and its subsidiaries. (October 2017)
Corporación BCT, S.A. Advice to Corporación BCT, S.A. in the acquisition of Balboa Bank & Trust, Corp. and subsidiaries and the subsequent withdrawal of the company from the OFAC List.…
Panama Canal Authority and Mayer Brown: Advice to the Panama Canal Authority of Panama (ACP) and to the international legal team of the firm, Mayer Brown, in international arbitration between…
- Member of the Board of Directors as Legal Advisor, Club de Golf de Panama, S.A.
- Entrepreneurs Organization (EO).
- International Bar Association (IBA).