Ocean Reef Islands Inc. Advice to Ocean Reef Islands Inc. in the development of the first Residential Complex created on an Artificial Island in Panama. Our advice included: project financing…
Edgar Herrera has been with Galindo, Arias & López since 2004, specializing in domestic and international Tax Law. Prior to joining the firm, he was the Pro Bono Assistant of the Director General of Interior Trade in the Ministry of Trade and Industries of Panama.
His professional commitment led him to found the Panamanian Chapter of the International Fiscal Association (IFA), of which he is currently the President. In addition, he was the correspondent of the International Bureau of Fiscal Documentation, based in The Netherlands.
Mr. Herrera frequently participates as a speaker at local and international events on Tax and International Law topics.
- Advanced Course in the Application of International Conventional to avoid double taxation – University of Vienna, Austria, 2009.
- Advanced Master of International Tax Law – Leiden University, The Netherlands, 2006.
- Bachelor of Laws and Political Science, Sigma Lambda Honors Chapter – University of Panama, Panama, 2004.
Millicom LIH, S.A: GALA advised Millicom LIH, S.A., leading provider of cable TV and mobile telephone services in emerging markets such as Latin America and Africa, in the acquisition of…
UEP Penonome I, S.A: Advice to UEP Penonome I, S.A. for project financing of the Wind Farm in Panamá, and all its regulatory aspects, due diligence and project management. (April…
- Alumni Association of the Center for International Taxation of the University of Leiden.
- Panamanian Association of Tax Law.
- Panamanian Bar Association.
- International Fiscal Association (IFA), President of the Panamanian Chapter.
- International Office of Tax Documentation (IBFD).