Tomás Herrera Díaz, founding partner of Galindo, Arias & López, specializes in the areas of Banking, Corporate and Arbitral Law. He has been recognized in top positions in the Panamanian banking world such as secretary and director. He was a professor in the Catholic University Santa Maria La Antigua for 25 years.
He has held the following positions:
- Director, Toronto Dominion Bank of Panama, S.A.
- Director/Secretary, Bacardí Centroamérica, S.A.
- Director/Secretary, Compañía Panameña de Licores, S.A.
- Deputy Director, Corporación Incem, S.A. and Cemento Panama, S.A.
Currently he is a Director of Compañía Panameña de Finanzas, S.A.; Inmobiliaria Incem, S.A.; and Compañía Minera Raura, S.A
- Specialization in Banking Disciplines, Faculty of Economics and Commerce – University of Rome, Rome, Italy, 1966.
- Bachelor of Laws and Political Science, University of Panama, Panama, 1965.
- ”Administrative contracts in Panama”
- ”Banking control measures”
- ”Cash reserves”
- ”Civil liability insurance”
- ”The Panamanian trust”
- ”Law 72 of 1976 about reinsurance”
- ”The shipper’s liability”
- ”Banking intervention in Panamanian legislation”
- ”Shipping contracts in Panamanian maritime law”
- ”Narcotrafficking and money laundering”
- ”Arbitration of public works’ contracts”