Kadima Holdings, S.A: Advice to Kadima Holdings, S.A. I a public corporate bond offering in the amount of US$90,000,000.00 in series; including the issuance authorization by the Superintendency of the…
“Sources consider her a practical, diligent, fantastic and very professional lawyer”
Chambers & Partners Latin America 2018
Since 1997, Cristina Lewis has been a member of the team at Galindo, Arias & López that focuses on Aeronautics, Banking, Insurance & Securities; Project & Asset Financing; Commercial and Regulatory areas of law. In particular, she practices in the aviation and energy industries and the stock market.
In recent years, she has distinguished herself in the area of Aeronautics Law, as the practice leader for consulting to airlines, financing institutions, aircraft maintenance shops and ground handling companies, related to the purchasing, leasing and financing of aircraft and equipment and the establishment of operations in Panama as she has been distinguished by the Expert Guides publication and Who’s Who Legal Transport, as one of the leading lawyers in the industry.
In the Project and Asset Financing, she has advised the principal developers of renewable energy in the energy and infrastructure industries.
In the Commercial area she regularly participates in complex processes of mergers and acquisitions, project financing, regulatory compliance and the issuance of commercial titles.
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude – Tulane University, USA, 1997.
- B.A Political Science and Latin American Studies, Magna Cum Laude – Gettysburg College, USA, 1994.
Copa Holdings, S.A: Advice to Copa Holdings, S.A. in the acquisition, financing, leasing and registration of the first five (5) Boeing 737-9 (737-MAX 9) aircraft, financed under the Japanese Operating…
Los Castillos Real Estate, Inc: Advice to Los Castillos Real Estate, Inc. in a public corporate bond offering in the amount of US$70,000.000.00, in series; including the issuance authorization by…
Copa Holding, S.A.: Advice to Copa Airlines in the financing, leasing and registration of their current fleet, including their latest aircraft financed under the Japanese Operating Leases structure with Call…
Copa Holding, S.A: Advice to Copa Holding, S.A. in the daily operations and regulatory compliance of the Panamanian and New York Stock Exchanges Our client is one of the few…
Servair Newrest Panamá, S.A: Advice to Servair, a subsidiary of AirFrance, in the establishment of an air catering facility at Tocumen International Airport in the Republic of Panama. (January 2018)
UEP Penonome I, S.A: Advice to UEP Penonome I, S.A. for project financing of the Wind Farm in Panamá, and all its regulatory aspects, due diligence and project management. (April…
Unión Eólica Panameña, S.A: Advice to Unión Eólica Panameña, S.A. in matters related to regulatory law, project financing as well as in the development of its Wind Farm Project for…
- “Reforms to the Panamanian Constitution and how it really reflects the country’s politics”
- “The Central American common market”
- “The Panamanian Economy and its adherence to GATT and the OMC”
- “The influence of British and American law of maritime insurance in Panama”
- “Efforts against money laundering in Panama”
- “Piercing the corporate veil: a comparative study between the laws of Delaware and Panama”
- “Incentives for investment in the Panamanian tourism sector”
- “New legislation of electronic commerce”
- “The North American law of electronic government”
- International Aviation Women’s Association (IAWA).
- International Bar Association (IBA).
- Women in the Profession (WIP) Foundation Panama – President.
- Phi Beta Kappa.
- Pi Sigma Alpha.
- Women in the Profession (WIP) – Panamanian representative to the international executive committee of the Vance Center program.