Kadima Holdings, S.A: Advice to Kadima Holdings, S.A. I a public corporate bond offering in the amount of US$90,000,000.00 in series; including the issuance authorization by the Superintendency of the…
“She is a great lawyer offering a broad knowledge in the financing of aircraft.”
Chambers & Partners Latin America 2021
Cristina Lewis began her private practice with Galindo, Arias & Lopez in 1997, specializing on Commercial and Regulatory Law, particularly in the areas of aviation, capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, and energy. Since then, she has excelled in Aviation Law, advising airlines, financial institutions, and other market participants, including repair stations and ground handling companies, in aircraft and engine acquisition, finance and leasing, general corporate, commercial and operational matters, and regulatory compliance. Ms. Lewis also oversees clients’ participation in merger and acquisition processes, public offerings, and securities regulations.
Ms. Lewis has also developed as a prominent lawyer on project and asset financing, energy and infrastructure, and regulatory compliance, advising companies on the development of power generation projects from renewable sources.
Ms. Lewis is the chair of the firm’s Aviation Practice Group and the co-chair of the firm’s Regulatory Practice Group.
- Juris Doctor, Cum Laude – Tulane University, USA, 1997.
- B.A Political Science and Latin American Studies, Magna Cum Laude – Gettysburg College, USA, 1994.
Copa Holdings, S.A: Advice to Copa Holdings, S.A. in the acquisition, financing, leasing and registration of the first five (5) Boeing 737-9 (737-MAX 9) aircraft, financed under the Japanese Operating…
Los Castillos Real Estate, Inc: Advice to Los Castillos Real Estate, Inc. in a public corporate bond offering in the amount of US$70,000.000.00, in series; including the issuance authorization by…
Copa Holding, S.A.: Advice to Copa Airlines in the financing, leasing and registration of their current fleet, including their latest aircraft financed under the Japanese Operating Leases structure with Call…
Copa Holding, S.A: Advice to Copa Holding, S.A. in the daily operations and regulatory compliance of the Panamanian and New York Stock Exchanges Our client is one of the few…
Servair Newrest Panamá, S.A: Advice to Servair, a subsidiary of AirFrance, in the establishment of an air catering facility at Tocumen International Airport in the Republic of Panama. (January 2018)
UEP Penonome I, S.A: Advice to UEP Penonome I, S.A. for project financing of the Wind Farm in Panamá, and all its regulatory aspects, due diligence and project management. (April…
Unión Eólica Panameña, S.A: Advice to Unión Eólica Panameña, S.A. in matters related to regulatory law, project financing as well as in the development of its Wind Farm Project for…
- “Reforms to the Panamanian Constitution and how it really reflects the country’s politics”
- “The Central American common market”
- “The Panamanian Economy and its adherence to GATT and the OMC”
- “The influence of British and American law of maritime insurance in Panama”
- “Efforts against money laundering in Panama”
- “Piercing the corporate veil: a comparative study between the laws of Delaware and Panama”
- “Incentives for investment in the Panamanian tourism sector”
- “New legislation of electronic commerce”
- “The North American law of electronic government”
- International Aviation Women’s Association (IAWA).
- International Bar Association (IBA).
- Women in the Profession (WIP) Foundation Panama – President.
- Phi Beta Kappa.
- Pi Sigma Alpha.
- Women in the Profession (WIP) – Panamanian representative to the international executive committee of the Vance Center program.