Claro Panama, S.A: Advice to Claro Panama, S.A. in litigation procedure before the National Authority of Public Services related to the promotion of “Quintuplica”. (September 2017)
“She is unrelentless in her search for information and offers a pragmatic understanding of disputes. She is always available, even during holidays, and weighs different alternatives to find the best solution.
Chambers & Partners Latin America 2019
Selva Quintero has been with Galindo, Arias & López since 2001, practicing in the Litigation & Dispute Resolution and Regulatory groups.
As part of the Litigation and Arbitration team, she has specialized in procedural law (civil, constitutional and administrative), offering legal advice to multinationals that provide electrical and telecommunications services to the public, principally in procedures before the National Authority of Public Services (ASEP), and the Supreme Court of Justice the Supreme Court of Justice. She possesses vast experience in complex civil, commercial, executive and estate proceedings. She is expert in administrative litigation and constitutional procedures, in which she has obtained important rulings on the protection of historical heritage representing an NGO Calicanto Foundation.
As part of the Regulatory team, she regularly provides advice about administrative law and administrative litigation procedures related to regulatory subjects related to electricity and telecommunications as well as to the private sector.
Before joining the firm, she was an Assistant Public Defender ad-honorem (Supreme Court of Justice – 1999); Assistant Commissioner of Penitentiary Activity Coordination ad-honorem of the (Supreme Court of Justice – 1999) and Assistant to the President of the Supreme Court of Justice (1999-2001), assigned to the Third Chamber of the Supreme Court of Justice, with respect to Administrative Litigation. Currently, in addition to her private practice at Galindo, Arias & López, she is a professor of Undergraduate and Graduate courses and facilitator of the Training Center of the Office of Administration.
She was a member of the codifying commission for the preparation of the draft of the Administrative Litigation Procedure Code, appointed by the President of the Republic.
- Master of Administrative Law, National University of Pilar, Paraguay (in progress).
- Diploma in Administration Law and Public Administration, Institute of Studies and Legal Research, Nicaragua (in progress).
- Master of Administrative Law, Latin University of Panama, 2010.
- Specialization in Administrative Law, Latin University of Panama, 2009.
- Postgraduate Studies in Higher Education, University of Panama, 2006.
- Postgraduate Studies in Mediation, University of Panama, 2003.
- Bachelor of Laws and Political Science, Sigma Lambda Honors Chapter, University of Panama, 1998.
- “The new bankruptcy law” IFLR, July, 2016.
- “Energy Investment in Panama” 2016.
- “Due Process of Notifications Abroad” IFLR, April, 2015.
- “The Basis for the Administrative Act” 2011.
- “The Effectiveness of Interim Relief by Provisional Suspension in Panamanian Administrative Litigation Procedure” 2010.
- “Introduction to Panamanian Urban Law” 2010.
- “XI Meeting of the Supreme Courts of Justice of the Central American Isthmus, Summary of the Meetings of the Central American Supreme Courts of Justice” 2001.
- “Organic Judicial Analysis of the University of Panama” 2000.
- Panamanian Bar Association.
- Panamanian Mathematics Olympic Foundation.
- Founder, Colombo Panamanian Institute of Procedural Law.