Systra: Advice to Systra in order to win the bid for the Contract for project management of Line 1 of the City of Panama Metro – Extension to Villa Zaita.…
Cristina Thayer joined Galindo, Arias & López in 2004, serving as a commercial and corporate advisor for international companies and integrating legal teams for several mergers and acquisitions, including infrastructure projects.
Ms. Thayer is the chair of the firm´s Government Contracts and Public Procurement Practice Group, counseling clients in the bureaucracy and procurement practices for government contracts in Panama, to maximize business opportunities and minimize litigation risk, including RFP development, contract negotiations and protest filings, to name a few.
Ms. Thayer also chairs the International Trade and Customs Practice Group, advising importers and exporters on trade benefits derived from free trade agreements as well as customs matters related to origin verification issues, regular administrative customs proceedings, mitigation of penalties, and application refunds related to trade agreements. As a component of her International Trade practice, Ms. Thayer also represented private sector interest in International Trade Negotiations with major trade partners (USA, Europe, Mexico, Colombia, Central America, Korea), and advised clients in the use of trade defense mechanisms as a result of trade liberalization (antidumping and safeguard measures).
As part of the Regulatory Group, Ms. Thayer also successfully filled several notification proceedings to obtain favorable opinions from the Competition Authority in the context of mergers, acquisitions, and other concentrations and represented corporate interests before the consumer protection authority to minimize or completely avoid penalties.
- Finance for non financiers, INCAE, 2020.
- Geneva-Switzerland Trade Policy course, World Trade Organization – WTO, 2001.
- Master of Laws, Georgetown University, 1997.
- Bachelor of Laws and Political Science, University of Panama, 1995.
China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd: Advice to China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. in the development and construction of the City of Hope Residential Project (project awarded 2015), promoted…
Unión Eólica Panameña, S.A: Advice to Unión Eólica Panameña, S.A. in matters related to regulatory law, project financing as well as in the development of its Wind Farm Project for…
- “Chambers Global Practice Guide for Government Procurement and Contracts”- Panama (2020,2019,2018)
- “The Legal 500 The Public Procurement Country Comparative Guide” – Panama (2020)
- “Panama: Center of the Americas” 2012.
- “Rules relating to Ecological Labeling Regulation GATT-WTO” 1997.
- “Panamanian Banking Regime Prohibitions and Limitations” 1995.
- Alumni Association of Georgetown University – Panamanian Chapter.
- American Bar Association.
- Panamanian Bar Association.
- International Chamber of Commerce / Panama American Bar Association
- TAGLaw Government Relations Specialty Group
- WIP Panama Foundation