Systra: Advice to Systra in order to win the bid for the Contract for project management of Line 1 of the City of Panama Metro – Extension to Villa Zaita.…
Cristina Thayer has been with Galindo, Arias & López since 2004 as a member of the International Trade & Customs (Leader), Government Contracts & Public Procurment (Leader), Commerce and Regulatory practice groups.
As the practice group leader for International Trade and Customs, she advises importers and exporters about the derived benefits of free trade agreements such as matters of origin verification, customs administrative procedures and regulations, mitigation of fines and applications for refunds related to trade treaties. She represents the interests of the private sector in International Trade negotiations with principal trading partners (USA, Europe, Mexico, Colombia, Central America and Korea), and advises her clients in the use of trade defense mechanisms that result from tariff reform.
As the practice group leader for Government Contracts and Public Procurement, she advises her clients about official practices and Panamanian Government tenders in order to maximize business opportunities and minimize litigation risks, including statements of objections, contract negotiations and the appeals process.
As a member of the Commercial practice, she advises her clients in regard to mergers and acquisitions including infrastructure projects.
As a member of the Regulatory practice, Cristina has successfully managed various notification procedures in order to obtain favorable opinions by the Competition Authority as it relates to mergers and acquisitions and other concentrations and represents the interests of our clients before the Consumer Protection Authority in order to minimize or completely avoid penalties.
- Geneva-Switzerland Trade Policy course, World Trade Organization – WTO, 2001.
- Master of Laws, Georgetown University, 1997.
- Bachelor of Laws and Political Science, University of Panama, 1995.
China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd: Advice to China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. in the development and construction of the City of Hope Residential Project (project awarded 2015), promoted…
Unión Eólica Panameña, S.A: Advice to Unión Eólica Panameña, S.A. in matters related to regulatory law, project financing as well as in the development of its Wind Farm Project for…
- “Guide for Global Practices for Government Contracts and Public Tenders” – Panama Chapter, Chambers & Partners, 2019.
- “Guide for the Global Practices for Government Contracts and Public Tenders” – Panama Chapter, Chambers & Partners, 2018.
- “Panama: Center of the Americas” 2012.
- “Rules relating to Ecological Labeling Regulation GATT-WTO” 1997.
- “Panamanian Banking Regime Prohibitions and Limitations” 1995.
- American Bar Association.
- Association of Georgetown University Alumni – Panamanian Chapter.
- Panamanian Bar Association.
- International Chamber of Commerce / Panama American Bar Association