We offer advice to airlines, insurance companies, ground handling businesses and aeronautics maintenance shops, solutions made according to their needs, through the design of innovative financial structures and accurate advice in regulatory matters.
We have a wide range of experience in matters such as:
- Development of airport infrastructure.
- Commercial transactions, such as contracts for fuel provision, maintenance contracts and catering services.
- Insurance claims, including those for damages suffered by passengers and cargo, damages incurred on the ground by third parties and damages to the aircraft.
- The execution and application of warranties, including aircraft and engine mortgages, and collateral security interests.
- Leasing and matters related to airline fleet management, such as subleasing contracts, exchange, amendments, novation and contract terminations.
- Registration and cancelation of aircraft licensing.
- Regulatory matters before the Civil Aeronautic Authority, Tocumen International Airport, S.A. and other government entities.
- Commercial agreements related to aircraft operation such as ground handling services.
- Tax matters related to the sale, leasing and financing of aircraft.
- Acquisition, sale, leasing and financing of aircraft, equipment and engines.
- Passenger rights and consumer protection.
- Traffic rights.
- Antitrust and international trade.
GALA contributed to the ICLG – Aviation Finance & Leasing 2021 (Panama Chapter)
The International Comparative Legal Guides (ICLG) recently published Aviation Finance & Leasing 2021 (Second Edition), which offers readers a practical cross-border insight into aviation finance law. In the Panama chapter,…
GALA advised Copa on the sale of 14 aircraft
GALA advised Copa Holdings on both the contractual and regulatory aspects of a sale to Alliance, an Australian economic group, of 14 EMB-190 aircraft, together with replacement engines and spare…
Copa Holdings, S.A.
Copa Holdings, S.A: Advice to Copa Holdings, S.A. in the acquisition, financing, leasing and registration of the first five (5) Boeing 737-9 (737-MAX 9) aircraft, financed under the Japanese Operating…
Copa Holding, S.A.
Copa Holding, S.A.: Advice to Copa Airlines in the financing, leasing and registration of their current fleet, including their latest aircraft financed under the Japanese Operating Leases structure with Call…
Servair Newrest Panamá, S.A.
Servair Newrest Panamá, S.A: Advice to Servair, a subsidiary of AirFrance, in the establishment of an air catering facility at Tocumen International Airport in the Republic of Panama. (January 2018)
HEAD OF PRACTICE