Project & Asset Financing
We advise clients that operate in highly regulated industries (telecommunications, energy, banking and aeronautics) making GALA the best option in Panama for matters related to those sectors.
Our team advises and leads in matters related to:
- Negotiation of purchase agreements, permits and operating licenses.
- Engineering services, public contracting and construction.
- Project financing packages.
- Consulting and advice related to infrastructure construction for provision of public services (energy and telecommunications).
- General advice in proceedings before the public utilities regulator (ASEP).
- Cell phone licensing.
- Privatization, mergers and acquisitions of companies, along with the required legal due diligence.
- Taxation, industry-related tax obligations.
- Tax proceedings before administrative entities.
Ocean Reef Islands Inc. Advice to Ocean Reef Islands Inc. in the development of the first Residential Complex created on an Artificial Island in Panama. Our advice included: project financing…
China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd: Advice to China State Construction Engineering Corporation Ltd. in the development and construction of the City of Hope Residential Project (project awarded 2015), promoted…
Panama Canal Authority and Mayer Brown: Advice to the Panama Canal Authority of Panama (ACP) and to the international legal team of the firm, Mayer Brown, in international arbitration between…
UEP Penonome I, S.A: Advice to UEP Penonome I, S.A. for project financing of the Wind Farm in Panamá, and all its regulatory aspects, due diligence and project management. (April…
Unión Eólica Panameña, S.A: Advice to Unión Eólica Panameña, S.A. in matters related to regulatory law, project financing as well as in the development of its Wind Farm Project for…