Commercial / Merger & Acquisitions
Strategically located in the center of the American continent, Panama has become the headquarters of multinational companies and businessmen who seek to expand their presence in the region, while taking advantage of a solid legal platform that promotes and safeguards investments. Therefore, Galindo, Arias & López (GALA) advises public and private companies, financial institutions, governmental entities and individuals in most every type of transaction or corporate matters, making it the commercial legal firm to select in the country.
The team advises in most types of transactions or corporate matters, including:
- The formation of al type of companies and businesses and organizing their corporate governance structures.
- Complex and cross-border mergers and acquisitions of financial institutions and highly regulated public and private companies.
- Issuance of debt and capital instruments in the local and international markets.
- Corporate governance, including advice regarding duties and responsibilities of directors, the structures of the board and committees, corporate preparedness and contingency planning, etc.
Corporate finance matters, including:
- Merger and acquisition financing.
- The formation and operation of private equity funds and other investment vehicles including venture capital funds, bridge financing, ¨vulture¨ and offshore funds.
- Corporate restructuring including the techniques of subsidiaries and others to refocus the value of restructurings.
- Representation of companies that specialize in financial recapitalization, business renegotiations and liquidations.
- Advice on matters of corporate and financial insolvency matters.
- Advice on the purchase and sale of the assets of insolvent businesses.
- Avoidance or mitigation of adverse effects of liquidity or other crises through contingency planning.
- The establishment, operation and termination of collective financing agreements and strategic alliances.
GALA is proud to represent América Móvil on the sale of Claro Panamá to Cable & Wireless Panama, an affiliate of Liberty Latin America. Attorneys involved in this transaction: Diego…
Drake Group: Advice to the Drake Group on the acquisition of representation of the Papa John’s franchise in Panama, including the purchase and sale of assets and the assumption of…
Millicom LIH, S.A: GALA advised Millicom LIH, S.A., leading provider of cable TV and mobile telephone services in emerging markets such as Latin America and Africa, in the acquisition of…
Corporación BCT, S.A. Advice to Corporación BCT, S.A. in the acquisition of Balboa Bank & Trust, Corp. and subsidiaries and the subsequent withdrawal of the company from the OFAC List.…
Liberty Global: Advice to Liberty Global in the process of the stock purchase of Cable & Wireless Communication PLC in Latin America and, consequently, operations in Panama. (May 2016)